HOW TO APPLY:
1. READ THE CRITERIA and the GUIDELINES FOR JUDGING before starting.2. Complete the tutorials below, strictly adhering to the guidelines.
b. If you don't have a site, optimise the finished pictures, zip them up and Email them to me when you have completed all 10 tutorials (NOT one by one!).
4. Sit back and keep your fingers crossed!
1. All tutorials must be completed ONLY in PhotoImpact by Ulead.
2. You must complete the WHOLE tutorial - not just sections of it. NO parts of any of the tutorials are optional for this award - even if the tutorial offers you that usually!
3. Do not add other items (such as backgrounds etc) which might detract from/obscure the subject of the tutorial. Please present your results as objects/animations against a plain, WHITE (or black), background. Where the tutorial does allow for individuality (such as the use of presets) marks will be given for appropriate and tasteful choice of colour etc.
4. If you are sending me the zip of 10 pictures by email, please keep the file size of each individual picture to 60 kbs or below. Optimise - but do not OVER-optimise - them. If you need to reduce file size, try to do this by resizing your picture rather than optimising too much (please note: your result from the 'Making Stained Glass Patterns' Tutorial must be submitted at FULL size).
5. PLEASE be aware that this is an award for EXCELLENCE - mainly in using the Outline, Line & Arrow, Path Drawing and Path Edit Tools. Your results must be of the highest calibre to win the award. You may be asked to repeat any graphic that is not of the standard required.
6. Finally - be prepared for tough CRITICISM... If requested, this WILL be accompanied by help to correct or improve anything in your results and is not meant in an unkindly way.
GUIDELINES FOR JUDGING RESULTS:
1. ACES. I am looking for well-shaped hearts, clubs diamonds and spades. FANCY SPADE MUST be included. Finished cards can be arranged in any way.
2. ORIENTAL FAN. This is the easiest tutorial - so extra marks will be award for choice of presets and colours used in the fan.
3. ROCKING HORSE. I am looking for a beautiful, realistic finish to this one with great attention to finishing details such as shading. Animation is NOT required for the award but if done, the horse MUST rock from the correct point!
4. MANDELLA. You do NOT have to do the Teepee tutorial first - you may use another picture to complete the Mandella. You MAY use your own feathers and presets to complete the tutorial. This tutorial aims for an almost photographically real look.
5. ANIMATED HEART & ARROW. Not a difficult tutorial - but the arrow MUST move in a straight line through the heart. The finished animation should be sharp and clear and around 20 kbs maximum in file size.
6. SWIMMING POOL. In particular I want to see excellent perspective - on the pool and the steps at the sides. In the WATER Section - you MUST use the method described in the tutorial to make the water - you may NOT use presets for this award.
7. PATTERNS FOR STAINED GLASS. This is a test of your ability to use the Line & Arrow Tools well to create a simple black and white pattern for using in stained glass pictures. Please do NOT complete with glass - I wish to see the black and white drawing of the picture only. Please submit this picture at FULL size - I will be testing EVERY section of it with the Magic Wand Tool to ensure that it works for stained glass!
8. STAGECOACH. Again - I wish to see this one completed with an eye for detail. You may colour the coach however you wish (and add decoration to the door etc).
9. WHEATSHEAF. As 8 above.
10. STAINED GLASS TIFFANY LAMP. You may use any glass you wish for the shade but you will be marked on good use of colour. NO gaps should show between the glass and the leading. The base MUST be completed and lighting added as per the tutorial.
21st October, 2007. Yeesha.
4th February 2006. Fiona Ransom.
14th July 2005. Jane Davidson.
30th May 2005. Annette Sleeswijk.
3rd Mar 2005. Colin & Susan Wearmouth.
8th Oct 2004. Jeaney Borland.
4th Oct 2004. Candace.
3rd Aug 2004. Carol (Quick Creations).
1st July 2004. Norm Nicholson.
24th February 2004. Moreen Haras.
15th January 2004. Judy.
23 December 2003. Janina.
10 September 2003. Dottie Pool.
25 August 2003. Jeri Hoskins.
11 August 2003. Vimsen (Mathilde).
4 August 2003. Solen.
10 June 2003. Gillian.
5 May 2003. Toyah.
19 April 2003. Christie (Kitanni).
23 March 2003. Sparrow.
20 March 2003. Erika Mueller.
IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE EMAIL ME.
This site © Rosie Hardman-Ixer 2001/2/3